Commonwealth Workforce Coalition
The mission of the Commonwealth Workforce Coalition (CWC) is to strengthen the capacity of the Massachusetts' community-based education, training, and employment system to produce better employment and earnings outcomes for low income residents and low wage workers. CWC focuses on:
1. building the skills and knowledge of direct service and program management staff;
2. supporting increased communication networks and connection among practitioners and other system stakeholders; and
3. developing and strengthening leaders within the workforce development field.
CWC carries out a range of activities, including:
- delivering training and professional development support to its members' front line workers, strengthening their ability to provide quality workforce development programs by learning from each other and recognized experts;
- providing regular, structured opportunities for networking, sharing of information, peer-to-peer exchange, and collaboration among front line staff; and
- developing program and organizational models for increasing and sustaining capacity that can be transferable to other organizations.
CWC sponsors an annual statewide conference for workforce development professionals in the Spring.