For 40 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers, child care providers, and workforce development professionals with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
Welcome to our Website – if you are a non-profit community development organization seeking to produce or preserve affordable housing or a community-based non-profit childcare provider looking to upgrade or renovate your learning space, we may be able to help you. And if you have any questions regarding our loan products or our public policy work, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CEDAC Executive Director
CEDAC Board Chair
- Evolution Of The Fund: A Look Back With Viki Bok
At INSITES this week, we continue our series of spotlights on previous directors of the Children’s Investment Fund (“the Fund”). Today, Viki Bok, the organization’s second director, reflects on how the Fund’s role in the nonprofit child care provider community has evolved throughout the years. Read INSITES
- CIF Winter 2018 Newsletter
Dear Colleagues and Partners, Children’s Investment Fund celebrates a momentous year! In 2018, we: 1. Became a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and received federal funding through the CDFI Fund. 2. Provided technical assistance to 56 nonprofit organizations serving over 3,000 children... Read the full Newsletter
- CEDAC’s Commitment to Funding Permanent Supportive Housing for Veterans
On Veteran’s Day in 2013 and throughout that year, CEDAC highlighted the funding commitments we had recently made to a number of organizations helping homeless veterans, including the support we gave to Father Bill’s & MainSpring to develop the Montello Welcome Home project. The Brockton-based organization has worked hard to help end homelessness among veterans in the area, and it was our pleasure to provide capital funding through the Housing Innovations Fund to this supportive housing project so that the area’s veterans would have both the housing and services they need. Read INSITES
- Dec 12 4:41 pm / /
- Children's Investment Fund Board Members Sharon Scott-Chandler of @BostonABCD and Amy O’Leary of @EarlyEd4All at th… https://t.co/ykjA6gN5b2Dec 12 12:42 pm / /
- The Herring Brook Hill project is an 18-unit senior affordable rental project in Norwell currently under constructi… https://t.co/loVPbPFf20Dec 7 2:44 pm / /
- We were pleased to attend @MetroWestCD's Annual Meeting yesterday. Jennifer Van Campen, Executive Director of Metro… https://t.co/Gzdtx6LOcLDec 7 2:12 pm / /