For more than 35 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers, child care providers, and workforce development professionals with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
Welcome to our Website – if you are a non-profit community development organization seeking to produce or preserve affordable housing or a community-based non-profit childcare provider looking to upgrade or renovate your learning space, we may be able to help you. And if you have any questions regarding our loan products or our public policy work, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CEDAC Executive Director
CEDAC Board Chair
- The Challenges of Facility Improvement Projects
Today in INSITES, Theresa Jordan, Director of Children's Facilities Finance, and Bree Horwitz, Senior Project Manager at Children's Investment Fund discuss the challenges that child care providers face when looking to improve their facilities. Read INSITES
- Did You Know: Home Modification Loan Program Can Benefit Individuals with Autism and Dementia?
In addition to our work with housing and child care, CEDAC works in cooperation with the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) and the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to administer the Home Modification Loan Program. The program finances modifications to homes that improve accessibility for seniors and individuals with disabilities, allowing them to live more independently. This week in INSITES, Susan Gillam, Home Modification Loan Program Project Manager, sheds light on a lesser known use of the program - modifications for individuals with cognitive disabilities like autism and dementia. Read INSITES
- Celebrating 50 Years of CHAPA
This week in INSITES, we are congratulating one of our many partner organizations that have helped strengthen Massachusetts cities and towns on an important anniversary - Citizens's Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA). For 50 years, CHAPA has advocated for and supported community development in Massachusetts. CHAPA's impact is truly impressive, and we are so proud of what it has accomplished. Read INSITES
- RT @AaronGornstein: Congrats @CKornegayDHCD for your well deserved Excellence in Community Development award from @masscdcs. https://t.co/N…Nov 17 2:17 pm / /
- We’re celebrating @masscdcs 35th anniversary (they’re almost as old as we are!) Congrats to @JKriesberg, the MACDC… https://t.co/vKfoynTKk3Nov 17 9:00 am / /
- In today's INSITES, we congratulate @MassCDCs on 35 years of strengthening the MA #communitydevelopment sector. Pro… https://t.co/fafiISp1gRNov 15 11:59 am / /
- RT @Liifund: In @CEDACma's INSITES blog, reflections on @OppFinance conf w/@IFFcdfi & @Liifund: https://t.co/pujJBIJZ2M #ECE #OSTNov 14 9:37 am / /