For over 40 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers, child care providers, and workforce development professionals with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
Welcome to our Website – if you are a non-profit community development organization seeking to produce or preserve affordable housing or a community-based non-profit childcare provider looking to upgrade or renovate your learning space, we may be able to help you. And if you have any questions regarding our loan products or our public policy work, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CEDAC Executive Director
CEDAC Board Chair
- CEDAC 2018 Annual Report Now Available Online
CEDAC is proud to celebrate 40 years of strengthening communities across the Commonwealth. This year’s annual report reflects on how the vision expressed in CEDAC’s enabling statute of 1978 has evolved into a robust pipeline of affordable housing and community development projects sponsored by a thriving non-profit sector. Read the 2018 Annual Report
- For 40 Years, CEDAC Has Catalyzed Positive Change
In 1978, then-state Rep. Mel King introduced legislation that created the Community Economic Development Assistance Corp. (CEDAC), the nation’s first state agency designed to provide technical assistance to the burgeoning nonprofit community development movement. The idea of such an agency grew out of the Wednesday Morning Breakfast Group meetings convened by Mel at MIT with community activists and planners. Read our latest op-ed
- CEDAC to Honor Mel King at 40th Anniversary Celebration
At INSITES this week, we announce that we will honor former State Representative Mel King as we commemorate CEDAC's 40th anniversary this month. At the same event, CEDAC's affiliate Children’s Investment Fund will also present Judy Cody, executive director of the Beverly Children’s Learning Center (BCLC), with the Mav Pardee Award for Building Quality. Read INSITES
- Thanks so much for your partnership! We're proud to support your mission of confronting homelessness in western Mas… https://t.co/67l3QWeHEt11 hours ago / /
- The 2018 CEDAC Annual Report is now available online! Learn more about our past, present and future as we celebrate… https://t.co/YWBi0M5LsS12 hours ago / /
- RT @WorkResults: It’s a full house already for our upcoming Cliff Effects: Panel Discussion - Human Service Provider Panel Guidance on How…16 hours ago / /
- RT @SoniG12: Have never talked Chi Bears with Roger, but want to add my appreciation for the whole team.! Lovely celebration of your 40th a…Mar 15 6:48 pm / /