For over 40 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers, child care providers, and workforce development professionals with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
Welcome to our Website – if you are a non-profit community development organization seeking to produce or preserve affordable housing or a community-based non-profit childcare provider looking to upgrade or renovate your learning space, we may be able to help you. And if you have any questions regarding our loan products or our public policy work, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CEDAC Executive Director
CEDAC Board Chair
- CEDAC Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary At Event Honoring Mel King
“Teamwork makes the dream work.” Mel King, legendary community activist and former state representative, invoked this phrase as he concluded his remarks at our 40th anniversary celebration on March 14th. And Mel did not just speak these words, but rather inspired the audience to chant them together with him. Read INSITES
- CEDAC Seeks Provider Agencies to Administer the Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP) on Regional Basis
CEDAC seeks Provider Agencies to administer the Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP) on a regional basis. Regional Providers work directly with HMLP applicants throughout the loan process. View the RFP for more details. Proposals are due on April 24, 2019 by 12 noon. All questions should be directed to Susan Gillam, email@example.com or 617-727-5944.
- CEDAC 2018 Annual Report Now Available Online
CEDAC is proud to celebrate 40 years of strengthening communities across the Commonwealth. This year’s annual report reflects on how the vision expressed in CEDAC’s enabling statute of 1978 has evolved into a robust pipeline of affordable housing and community development projects sponsored by a thriving non-profit sector. Read the 2018 Annual Report
- RT @selingerE: Honored to have @LifeAt2Life host a #melking training on Aging in Community covering Demographics, Heathcare Partnerships, A…Apr 11 2:30 pm / /
- RT @chamberworc: @sarabarcan: “How do we build it?” @POAHCommunities Roger Brown: “We need more resources. We must get creative around cha…Apr 9 11:44 am / /
- RT @chamberworc: @CEDACma Director of Housing Development @sarabarcan kicks off first panel with poignant figures from recent Boston Fed st…Apr 9 11:36 am / /
- RT @mhphousing: Bridge between @BisnowBoston panels is @marty_walsh. Notes Hub population +700K for first time since 1950s. Stresses over &…Apr 9 11:05 am / /