For over 40 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers, child care providers, and workforce development professionals with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
Welcome to our Website – if you are a non-profit community development organization seeking to produce or preserve affordable housing or a community-based non-profit childcare provider looking to upgrade or renovate your learning space, we may be able to help you. And if you have any questions regarding our loan products or our public policy work, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CEDAC Executive Director
CEDAC Board Chair
- An Affordable Housing Preservation Celebration: Newcastle/Saranac Apartments
At INSITES this week, we celebrate an important achievement: the preservation of 97 units of affordable housing at Newcastle/Saranac Apartments in Boston's Lower Roxbury neighborhood. Without leadership from Mayor Martin J. Walsh, the strong commitment by his team led by Sheila Dillon at DND, and considerable collaboration among public agencies, the residents of Newcastle/Saranac likely would be facing displacement rather than celebrating the long-term affordability of their homes. Read INSITES
- Secretary Kennealy’s #15k4ma Tour Looks at Affordable Housing in the Commonwealth
At INSITES this week, we recap Massachusetts Secretary of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED) Mike Kennealy's #15k4ma tour, during which he visited 28 affordable housing projects in various stages of development across Massachusetts over the course of eight days. By doing so, he has demonstrated why the state remains a national leader in community development. Read INSITES
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces $118 Million in Awards to Produce and Preserve Affordable Housing Across the Commonwealth
At INSITES this week, we recap the highlight of the year for affordable housing production and preservation: the Baker-Polito Administration's recent announcement of $118 million in funding awards to affordable housing developers across the Commonwealth. This funding will preserve or produce 1,581 rental units, including 1,349 affordable units. Read INSITES
- RT @sznnmorse: At this week's INSITES - An Affordable Housing Preservation Celebration: Newcastle/Saranac Apartments @CEDACma https://t.co/…Aug 23 4:18 pm / /
- New in #INSITES, we celebrate the preservation of 97 units of #affordable housing at Newcastle/Saranac in Boston. T… https://t.co/ICFD6qE69IAug 23 4:13 pm / /
- We're grateful for the support and collaboration we receive from our state partners, including @MassEOHED, @MA_DHCD… https://t.co/r03edAplpZAug 19 3:18 pm / /
- RT @MassEOHED: For eight weeks this summer, Secretary Kennealy and @MA_DHCD Undersecretary Chan made their way around the Commonwealth visi…Aug 19 3:11 pm / /