For over 40 years, CEDAC has helped to strengthen communities across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by providing non-profit community development organizations with the financial resources they need to build quality affordable housing and child care facilities. Additionally, our staff of professionals help affordable housing developers and child care providers with the technical assistance they need to turn an idea into reality. Our early stage capital and predevelopment loans has led to the production of thousands of affordable housing units from Boston to the Berkshires, and to quality child care centers in urban, suburban, and rural communities.
If you are a non-profit community development organization seeking to produce or preserve affordable housing or a community-based non-profit childcare provider looking to upgrade or renovate your learning space, we may be able to help you. If you have any questions regarding our loan products or our public policy work, please do not hesitate to contact us.
CEDAC Executive Director
CEDAC Board Chairperson
- CEDAC and Children’s Investment Fund Seek Child Care Project Manager
CEDAC and Children’s Investment Fund (CIF) seek a Child Care Project Manager to join a diverse team of twenty-five employees, including a three-member child care team. The scope of the CIF’s work includes technical assistance, training, grant and loan programs, and advocacy and outreach on improving facilities for community-based programs serving low-income children. Read the job posting
- Building Quality: Transforming Early Learning Environments in Massachusetts
In INSITES this week, Children’s Investment Fund (CIF) announces the release of its report, Building Quality: Transforming Early Learning Environments in Massachusetts. The report reflects on CIF’s 30 years of work and celebrates the Early Education and Out of School Time (EEOST) Capital Fund, which the report is rebranding as the Building Quality Capital Fund. Read INSITES
- The Overlooked Infrastructure Crisis
In INSITES this week, we hear from Carl Sussman, founding Executive Director of CEDAC and Children's Investment Fund (CIF) Board member. He shares how child care is an often ignored but critical part of social infrastructure and community development, and stresses the importance of federal investments in high-quality early education and care facilities. Read INSITES
- We’ve been lucky to work with the Westfield Boys and Girls Club which received a $1M Capital Fund award in 2020! https://t.co/7POQfRMiMGOct 15 3:44 pm / /
- Congrats to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Westfield @WBGC on its newly-constructed preschool and school-age wi… https://t.co/TTOoKdNYS9Oct 13 3:47 pm / /
- It was great to be joined by colleagues, including John Yazwinski at @FrBillsMnSpring, Kate Racer and Undersecretar… https://t.co/wiEDv2ywACOct 12 2:42 pm / /
- CEDAC's Executive Director Roger Herzog traveled to Brockton today to see the progress being made on… https://t.co/2xo6hVgVmrOct 12 2:37 pm / /