All children deserve the opportunity to learn and develop in well-designed learning spaces. We all understand that clean, safe and healthy environments are an important component of successful teaching and learning.
For over 25 years, Children’s Investment Fund has been providing technical expertise and financing to non-profit child care centers planning to improve or expand their facilities. Our primary goal is to increase the supply and quality of child care facilities in Massachusetts. We offer high quality training programs, access to professional consultants and funding to pay for predevelopment expenses, acquisition of property and permanent financing.
We are excited to share with you our website. If you are a non-profit organization, we look forward to helping you turn your vision of high quality space into a reality.
Director of Children's Facilities Finance
Board President, Children's Investment Fund
- CEDAC 2018 Annual Report Now Available Online
CEDAC is proud to celebrate 40 years of strengthening communities across the Commonwealth. This year’s annual report reflects on how the vision expressed in CEDAC’s enabling statute of 1978 has evolved into a robust pipeline of affordable housing and community development projects sponsored by a thriving non-profit sector. Read the 2018 Annual Report
- For 40 Years, CEDAC Has Catalyzed Positive Change
In 1978, then-state Rep. Mel King introduced legislation that created the Community Economic Development Assistance Corp. (CEDAC), the nation’s first state agency designed to provide technical assistance to the burgeoning nonprofit community development movement. The idea of such an agency grew out of the Wednesday Morning Breakfast Group meetings convened by Mel at MIT with community activists and planners. Read our latest op-ed
- CEDAC to Honor Mel King at 40th Anniversary Celebration
At INSITES this week, we announce that we will honor former State Representative Mel King as we commemorate CEDAC's 40th anniversary this month. At the same event, CEDAC's affiliate Children’s Investment Fund will also present Judy Cody, executive director of the Beverly Children’s Learning Center (BCLC), with the Mav Pardee Award for Building Quality. Read INSITES
- Thanks so much for your partnership! We're proud to support your mission of confronting homelessness in western Mas… https://t.co/67l3QWeHEt5 hours ago / /
- The 2018 CEDAC Annual Report is now available online! Learn more about our past, present and future as we celebrate… https://t.co/YWBi0M5LsS6 hours ago / /
- RT @WorkResults: It’s a full house already for our upcoming Cliff Effects: Panel Discussion - Human Service Provider Panel Guidance on How…11 hours ago / /
- RT @SoniG12: Have never talked Chi Bears with Roger, but want to add my appreciation for the whole team.! Lovely celebration of your 40th a…Mar 15 6:48 pm / /