All children deserve the opportunity to learn and develop in well-designed learning spaces. We all understand that clean, safe and healthy environments are an important component of successful teaching and learning.
For over 25 years, Children’s Investment Fund has been providing technical expertise and financing to non-profit child care centers planning to improve or expand their facilities. Our primary goal is to increase the supply and quality of child care facilities in Massachusetts. We offer high quality training programs, access to professional consultants and funding to pay for predevelopment expenses, acquisition of property and permanent financing.
We are excited to share with you our website. If you are a non-profit organization, we look forward to helping you turn your vision of high quality space into a reality.
Director of Children's Facilities Finance
Board President, Children's Investment Fund
- For 40 Years, CEDAC Has Catalyzed Positive Change
In 1978, then-state Rep. Mel King introduced legislation that created the Community Economic Development Assistance Corp. (CEDAC), the nation’s first state agency designed to provide technical assistance to the burgeoning nonprofit community development movement. The idea of such an agency grew out of the Wednesday Morning Breakfast Group meetings convened by Mel at MIT with community activists and planners. Read our latest op-ed
- CEDAC to Honor Mel King at 40th Anniversary Celebration
At INSITES this week, we announce that we will honor former State Representative Mel King as we commemorate CEDAC's 40th anniversary this month. At the same event, CEDAC's affiliate Children’s Investment Fund will also present Judy Cody, executive director of the Beverly Children’s Learning Center (BCLC), with the Mav Pardee Award for Building Quality. Read INSITES
- CEDAC to Honor Legendary Community Organizer and Innovator, MIT Professor, and Former State Representative Mel King at 40th Anniversary Celebration
CEDAC is announcing today that it will honor former State Representative Mel King at its 40th anniversary celebration. King, a legendary community organizer, introduced the state legislation that created CEDAC in 1978. Read the full press release
- RT @SoniG12: Have never talked Chi Bears with Roger, but want to add my appreciation for the whole team.! Lovely celebration of your 40th a…Mar 15 6:48 pm / /
- RT @ruslodi: Congrats @CEDACma! 40 yrs! Lots of the lending @mhphousing does happens 'cause of your early work. Always enjoy ribbon cutting…Mar 15 6:47 pm / /
- RT @sznnmorse: Did you see my tweets from @CEDACma's 40th anniversary last night? In this week's @oaonair, I talk to Roger Herzog re why th…Mar 15 1:12 pm / /
- .@CEDACma celebrated our #40thanniversary last night and recognized the significant role that Mel King has played i… https://t.co/9FC9R4unWCMar 15 12:32 pm / /