All children deserve the opportunity to learn and develop in well-designed learning spaces. We all understand that clean, safe and healthy environments are an important component of successful teaching and learning.
For over 25 years, Children’s Investment Fund has been providing technical expertise and financing to non-profit child care centers planning to improve or expand their facilities. Our primary goal is to increase the supply and quality of child care facilities in Massachusetts. We offer high quality training programs, access to professional consultants and funding to pay for predevelopment expenses, acquisition of property and permanent financing.
We are excited to share with you our website. If you are a non-profit organization, we look forward to helping you turn your vision of high quality space into a reality.
Director of Children's Facilities Finance
Board President, Children's Investment Fund
- CEDAC Summer 2019 Newsletter
Summer has just ended but it’s been a fruitful one. As you’ll see in our newsletter, the highlight of the year for affordable housing production and preservation occurred on July 18th with the announcement of funding awards in the annual rental housing funding round to 28 affordable housing projects in Massachusetts. CEDAC has committed early stage financing to nine of the projects that received awards, and we were thrilled to participate in this event that demonstrated the Baker-Polito Administration’s commitment to providing high-quality affordable housing to communities throughout the Commonwealth. Read the Summer 2019 Newsletter
- Children’s Investment Fund Offers Hands-on Training for Developing Natural Outdoor Play Spaces
At INSITES this week, we recap the Children's Investment Fund's "Let's Take It Outside" (LTIO) training at Mass Audubon's Boston Nature Center. The one-day interactive training offered 14 early childhood education (ECE) and out-of-school time (OST) organizations across Massachusetts an overview on how to successfully undertake high-quality natural outdoor play space projects. Read INSITES
- Looking Back While Thinking Ahead: Celebrating CEDAC’s History
At INSITES this week, we close out the celebratory period of CEDAC's 40th anniversary by sharing a video that talks about our past and present, and also the direction that community development is heading in Massachusetts. We also hear from some of the people who have led us to where we are today, including Mel King, a legendary community organizer who crafted the state legislation that created CEDAC in 1978. Read INSITES
- RT @sarabarcan: Big congrats to Jennifer and her team @MetroWestCD! Gorgeous project and a wonderful event. So enjoyed the chance to meet @…Oct 10 4:55 pm / /
- New in #INSITES, we recap the 10/7 forum that CEDAC sponsored on a new HUD tool that can help preserve existing aff… https://t.co/5xBejpwkWlOct 10 4:35 pm / /
- .@CEDACma provided early-stage support for predevelopment of the Herring Brook Hill in @TownofNorwell. We also made… https://t.co/TiZ0mL5SymOct 10 4:08 pm / /
- .@CEDACma Director of Housing Dev't Sara Barcan w/@USRepKeating & Jennifer Van Campen, ED of @MetroWestCD, at today… https://t.co/c4zGgbpyeqOct 10 4:03 pm / /