Children’s Investment Fund’s mission is to improve the quality of and expand access to early childhood education and out-of-school-time programs for children from low- and moderate-income families. In order to broaden the impact of its work, CIF also seeks to support affordable housing for low-income families through place-based, two-generation, and other strategies that result in safer, healthier, and more stable environments in which to raise young children. The organization is affiliated with the Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC).
All children deserve the opportunity to learn and develop in well-designed learning spaces. We know that clean, safe and healthy environments are an important component of successful teaching and learning.
For nearly 30 years, Children’s Investment Fund has been providing technical expertise and financing to non-profit child care centers planning to improve or expand their facilities. If you are a non-profit organization, we look forward to helping you turn your vision of high-quality space into a reality.
Director, Children's Investment Fund
Board President, Children's Investment Fund
- CEDAC and Children’s Investment Fund Seek Child Care Project Manager
CEDAC and Children’s Investment Fund (CIF) seek a Child Care Project Manager to join a diverse team of twenty-five employees, including a three-member child care team. The scope of the CIF’s work includes technical assistance, training, grant and loan programs, and advocacy and outreach on improving facilities for community-based programs serving low-income children. Read the job posting
- Building Quality: Transforming Early Learning Environments in Massachusetts
In INSITES this week, Children’s Investment Fund (CIF) announces the release of its report, Building Quality: Transforming Early Learning Environments in Massachusetts. The report reflects on CIF’s 30 years of work and celebrates the Early Education and Out of School Time (EEOST) Capital Fund, which the report is rebranding as the Building Quality Capital Fund. Read INSITES
- The Overlooked Infrastructure Crisis
In INSITES this week, we hear from Carl Sussman, founding Executive Director of CEDAC and Children's Investment Fund (CIF) Board member. He shares how child care is an often ignored but critical part of social infrastructure and community development, and stresses the importance of federal investments in high-quality early education and care facilities. Read INSITES
- The article also praises @CityOfBoston’s efforts to create more permanent supportive housing for formerly homeless… https://t.co/10As8TdSmUNov 25 6:03 pm / /
- Great article in the @BostonGlobe highlighting a retired health care aide who, after 2 1/2 years of experiencing ho… https://t.co/PtjGGxNBkyNov 25 6:00 pm / /
- What a wonderful reminder of what this work is all about. We are thankful for our statewide partners who work hard… https://t.co/JnqrqNivFiNov 25 9:38 am / /
- @MassEOHED Secretary Kennealy's fall housing tour showcased the successful efforts to meet the housing needs of com… https://t.co/56NfvjD2T8Nov 23 5:33 pm / /